1. The setting is beautiful. Mountain-y things. A lake. Lots of awesome trees. The buildings are pretty cool.
2. The people are amazing so far. Very kind and don’t zone out when I babble (which has definitely been more than usual).
3. The fact that I can talk to anyone and decided to completely go all in this week and push myself physically, mentally, and socially has already worked in my favor. However, it’s the first full day and I had to sit at one of the tables that only had three chairs because I needed to recharge. I usually ration out my socialization throughout any given week so having all of this awesome excitement is amazing but draining. But the people get it and encourage you to respect your limits.
4. The food is pretty awesome. I had hella good bread pudding last night for dessert. And there was warm peach cobbler and ice cream for lunch today too. The non dessert food is awesome too. All of the salad fixings ate fresh and delicious. Just so tasty. I’m also glad that I’ll be doing lots of walking (up hills and stairs) so I can burn off some calories. Ha.
5. The worship leaders are awesome. Our morning service was really good today. We’re going through a microcosm of the church year so we started with Advent today. We talked about creation and Christ’s birth and how in order to know our future, we must know our past (I think. My brain is a sieve right now).